Many who allowed anxiety to creep into their lives, only have stories of regrets and scars of failure to show for it. It does not add anything positive to your life, but it takes away everything from you.Tweet
Anxiety is a company you do not want to keep, a killer that poses as a friend; a destroyer of hope and faith, an enemy of Joy and inner peace.
Beware of anxiety and all its offsprings which include fear, depression, bitterness, strife, forced errors, failures etc. with the worst of them all being death; because they do not have any good in them to offer you.
When you approach any problem, challenge or obstacle with anxiety, instead of giving you some form of comfort, it make the problem twice as complicated as it was when you first met it. It drains your energy and any form of encouragement left in you. Anxiety breeds discouragement and kills one’s faith; this is the reason why you should not entertain it for a moment because anything you give a foothold in your life will develop into a stronghold in no distant time if left unchecked.
Here are some of the things you need to know about anxiety:
- It is a silent enemy who kills by installment.
- You cannot exercise any form of faith when you are enveloped by anxiety and its offsprings.
- It generates fear of the unknown makes you lose your confidence in God’s redemptive power.
- It brings about doubt and make you to fall victim to avoidable mistakes.
- When you fret, you will be oblivious to the helping hand of the Almighty God.
- Anxiety blurs vision of hope and gives you the wrong direction.
- It makes you stoop so low and seek help in the wrong places.
- It does not solve any problem, it complicates problems.
- It convert a molehill to a great mountain; and a mountain of faith into a canyon of fears.
- Anxiety brings suffering and destroys the bridge to your breakthroughs.
- You cannot hear from God or get divine direction from Him when you are worried because worry is full of doubt and it is the opposite of faith without which you cannot please God, (Hebrews 11: 6).
- Anxiety promotes negativity and limits the power of positive thinking.
- It kills motivation and creativity and makes you vulnerable to abuse.
- It opens one to satanic attacks and oppression; and exposes one to see spiritual and physical sicknesses.
- Anxiety is an emotional tragedy, leaves you battered, depressed and drained.
This issue of anxiety and fear is so detrimental to a believer that anyone that had divine encounter in the Bible, God will always encourage them to be strong, courageous and fret not. The Bible is full of instances of encouragement for believers not to worry or to be anxious about anything. The scripture bellow is a good example:
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
You Don’t have to carry your burden, Jesus is asking you to trust him with that because he cares for you as we can see in the following scriptures:
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
May the peace of the LORD, which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds from all arrows of anxiety, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.